Monday, December 3, 2007

It Was Cold This Morning And That Made Me Happy


My car sputtered to start this morning. It felt like winter and I can only imagine that is why the engine hesitated for a moment. I had the same feeling less than an hour earlier when my television alarm woke me from my warm sleep. I love winter. Its hard to say because I love the change of seasons and the beginning of every season finds me making the same sort of comment, but I think winter is my favorite of them all. The music sounds better. The Red House Painters, The Weakerthans, The Long Winters, Nirvana Unplugged...whiskey tastes sweeter (thank you, I am aware that 90% of my posts involve the pastime of drinking)...the memories a little more memorable. I got my scarf out of the closet today. Still don't really own a winter coat and thats alright. I was cold and I did not complain.
Here are a couple of winter songs for you. Don't know if they make you think about cold weather and snowfall, but they do it for me.

The Weakerthans [mp3] Our Retired Explorer (Dines With Michel Flucault In Paris 1961)
Jens Lekman [mp3] Black Cab

No comments: