Friday, December 7, 2007

Friday Feels Like A Jailbreak


It's friday and I am feeling only what I imagine an inmate must feel as he approaches the day of his release. Not only am I looking forward to the weekend (which starts at approximately 2:08, but also the two week Christmas Break that is barely off into the distance. Too many good things going on.
1. it almost snowed last night
2. Christmas is approaching
3. Friends are having babies
4. Tonight I am going to drink and bet on NBA basketball
5. Christmas music feels appropriate for the first time today
6. I will be back in Indiana in two weeks
7. There are already presents under the Christmas tree
8. IU beats Kentucky this weekend
9. My beard is making amazing progress

A couple funny things happened recently at the "brain factory". A 7th grader...lets call him Simon was telling a story amongst a small group of classmates. Simon is not exactly "with it" and words and statements occasionally fly over his head...even things that come out of his own mouth. His story...
"Yeah me and Michael were out in the woods jacking around and he was messing with this stump and then he kept on "jacking off" and we hung out for a little longer and we "jacked off" some more and then we met up with Kyle and we all "jacked off" for a while and then we went home."
Amazing the will power it takes for an adult to not break out into laughter at such an account.

An 8th grader had recently broken his wrist. I asked him how long he has the cast for. His answer...
"I don't know...we are going to the urologist today to see whats going on"
Middle School kids are funny little idiots!

No comments: