Monday, December 10, 2007

ALL HAIL WEST TEXAS


Today, I started out by listening to Modest Mouse's most recent effort, We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank, realizing once again that I do not like this album and that this fact makes me sad because some of their early cds are my very favorite of all time. Lucky for me, my collection of Mountain Goat Albums come directly after that last Modest Mouse record. All Hail West Texas popped up and I remember how awesome some of those songs are on this disc...and how I have neglectd these great songs for too long.
When I first heard this cd I thought it was exactly what I was waiting for. It is perfect in its completely unperfect form. A simple home recording that reminds me of cloudy days when everyone is suppose to be at school or work...but I think that is what makes him such a good song writer. That the songs are completely focused on the words...there are no distracting elements.

Mountain Goats [mp3] The Mess Inside
Mountain Goats [mp3] Distant Stations

No comments: