Saturday, December 15, 2007

Before The Devil Knows You're Dead


We went and saw Before The Devil Knows You're Dead last night. Our choices were between Into the Wild (which I was not so excited about in spite of countless recommendations from people and a phenomenal soundtrack by Eddie Vedder), No Country For Old Men and Before The Devil Knows You're Dead. We made a good choice. Haven't been to a movie for quite a while...nothing has looked that appealing to me. This movie was great. One of those movies where you leave feeling happy that you make decent decisions in your life. Last night I had dreams like this movie and woke up feeling guilty and regretful...
Philip Seymour Hoffman was great. I don't know if there is a better actor then him right now. Ethan Hawke, who I have never been that big of a fan of, did a really good job as well. This was a well acted movie. Marisa Tomei's nipples were in the movie more than she was. This was not a bad thing for the movie. I think her and her nipples did a great job in this film.
With Golden Globe Nominations just in and Before The Devil Knows You're Dead being absent from the lists, I have a hard time believing that some of the other movies are better than this one. If they are then we will have a lot to look forward to.
Here is the trailer. Go see this movie...you won't be disappointed.

No comments: