Monday, October 22, 2007

The World Series 2007


You know I barely enjoyed the first 5 innings of game 7 last night. There isnt anything worse than thinking that your actions have anything to do with the end result of a game. I started eating popcorn in the fourth inning and that obviously was the reason Dice K's fastball dropped from 95 to 88 and the reason Garko hit a 900 foot double. In the 5th I felt like I was on the verge of an anyurysm and it didnt help when Matsuzaka was throwing underhand after Manny made (in retrospect) a game saving play off the monster. I love Joel Skinner. Thank you for holding Wesley Snipes at third. Okajima was awesome and with one year under their belts I believe that he is the most valuable export out of Japan this year. When Papelbon is in the game it makes me want to throw bricks through car windows. Hittting 98 on the gun will do that for you.
The Rockies have to scare you just for the fact that they dont know how to lose. I don't think I have ever heard of such a run. There is something you have to respect about that team. They field the baseball and they really are a TEAM in every respect. Sure you have Holliday and Helton, but in the scheme of stars in the league they are down on the chart. Tulowitzki is kind of similar to me as a shortstop except he doesnt make many errors and I made a lot and he hits a lot of bombs and I hit very few. Clint Barmes has got to be kicking himself right now...because he could absolutely play. Those "freak" injuries are tough.
I won't make a prediction on this one...for fear of a jinx, but you know whats going to happen in this one.

Dropkick Murphys[mp3] Dirty Water

No comments: