Monday, October 29, 2007

I Am A Full Grown Man


I don't know much about the band Phosphorescent other than the main guy behind it is named Mathew Houck. He sings folk like songs. He's been compared to Will Oldham as well as Neutral Milk Hotel. Musically you can kind of hear what they are talking about in regards to the NMH comparison. His voice isnt typical and maybe thats why I like it. This song is off the album Aw Come Aw Wry which I have recently purchased and enjoy. They just released a new album and I havent heard any of the tracks off of it yet. I like this song and the rest of the album is also pretty good.

Phosphorescent [mp3] I Am A Full Grown Man (I Will Lay In The Grass All Day
I think its those weird backround noises that get the Neutral Milk Hotel references. I dont know what the hell that instrument is thats playing the feedback type sound. Also the horns. I like it though.

If you do like this you might want to check out Bonnie "Prince" Billy. Its sort of sad bastard music and sometimes thats alright.

No comments: