Wednesday, October 24, 2007

"I love you too, but I'm going to mace you in the face"

Well its been out for a while but for some reason movie theaters dont want to pick it up right away for fear that no one will want to see it. At least this is the case in small cities and towns that are not Chicago in the Midwest. Finally The Darjeeling Limited is in a theater in St. Louis and I look forward to seeing it sometime this weekend. Havent truly looked forward to going to a movie since I saw Wes Andersons last movie. You see Wes Anderson, seems to me, to be one of the last original directors out there. In fact, he might just be the most original. He creates worlds that dont really exist and I like that. You know that a movie is great if you quote it every time you get together with your friends.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait. Sat. night or sunday afternoon?

PSI said...

I went right after work, might have clocked out a little early, and caught the 5:15 pm showing. I stop at McDonald's, 2 doubles 2 mcChickens, for you know, snacks. I figure this only happens every couple years, so why not spoil myself? I am enjoying myself, laughing, acknowledging Wes's talent, feeling a little better about myself as I observe a screen full of prominent beaks, as I too suffer the affliction of a big nose. When at the very end of the movie, over the TOP of the movie, they start showing adds for Comfort Inn on Evansville's East side. Livid, I say to myself, "they better rewind this shit, OR I better get compted in some way." We got compted by a smugg, narrow shouldered, condescending, little prick fresh out of Evansville Business College. Thanks for the free Matinee. Sorry about the rant. If anyone wants to email me and tell me what happens at the very end, it would be much appreciated.