Thursday, January 17, 2008

New Counting Crows Song?????


I don't really listen to the Counting Crows anymore. What I mean by that is I haven't listened to them for 7 years or so...whenever Hard Candy came out. I enjoyed that album...there are some good musicians in that band. I have seen them live and they were great, but there is something about them that is sad to me now. The band doesn't make me sad, as much as Adam Duritz does. An overweight fella who wrote/ writes great songs. Sincerely, he is a very good songwriter. To me he is the poster child for what making music can do to your love life. But the days of dating Jennifer Aniston, Courtney Cox, and some chick from The Young and the Restless is pretety much over. As are the 90's and the popular interest in the band. This is the first song I have heard from them since that song where he hooks up with a cartoon character in the video...or maybe he hooks up with the cartoons girlfriend...I can't remember. I like this song though...and it sounds like early 90's Counting Crows to me. I woudn't have even noticed if it wasn't for Stereogum posting it...

Couting Crows [mp3] When I Dream Of Michelangelo

No comments: