Thursday, January 31, 2008

Can You Bear The Overhype...


I hate overhype. And here I contribute to the madness. Subconsciously I don't give bands like this a chance because the over excitement annoys me and I end up hating the people that "love" this band today...only to forget about them next month (Arctic Monkeys). With that being said, here are a couple songs from Vampire Weekend. A band that is "all the rage" these days. From what I gather these are some wicked smart kids from Columbia University and the songs I have heard aren't half bad. Not quite ready to spend my hard earned cash on an album, but I am willing to burn it for free....

Vampire Weekend [mp3] Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa
Vampire Weekend [mp3] A-Punk

on another note...everyone around the brain factory is just a little too giddy today in anticipation of a snow day. I will stick with the stance "I would rather be suprised than let down...if I expect a snow day and the streets are clear by morning, you might as well wake me up on a saturday morning and tell me I have to be at work."

No comments: