Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Make Sure You Think You Are Great At One Thing (at least)


Make sure that you think that you do at least one thing well in life. It doesn't matter what it is...and it really doesn't matter if anyone else agrees with you. I am all for humility, but in situations such as this, when talking to a computer screen, it is alright to brag a little...or a lot. I do believe if you write one great song in your life then that trumps all and you don't have to worry about being good at anything again. I have not written one great song so I have to examine my abilities and assess my self-confirmed greatness.
First of all, I make a pretty good mixed cd. What I mean by pretty good is that it is phenominal. Contrary to popular belief, there is no real formula to go by (ie High Fidelity). It is a sliding scale...it all depends on who you are making it for. You have to invision them sitting in their living room by themselves...placing the disc in their stereo...drinking optional but encouraged...listening to each track as it plays. On that note I still owe some people Holiday Samplers and you will get that within the week or three.
Second, and maybe most impressive, is my ability to excel at RBI Baseball on Nintendo. I don't know if it is my strategic use of pitchers...or my ability to get out of 85% of rundowns...or my ability to throw out anyone who tries to steal on me...or my ability to score 10 runs in the bottom of the 9th inning to win a piss ass drunk game at 3am, but when that simple rectangular controller is in my hand I am in my world of success. It doesn't matter who I play with. My career winning percentage with the Red Sox is surely around .950...but I win with others as well. Whether I am bitch slapping with Vince and Ozzie of the Cardinals...or dropping bombs with Reggie of the Californial Angels or Chili Davis of the Giants I will not lose a 7 game series. Please reread that last statement...for it is an important one.
I do not skate on the line of confidence/ arrogance on this one. I tap dance in arrogance. I lay down on comfortable couches being fed grapes by beautiful belly dancers in the arena of arrogance. I throw bricks at expensive vases in my living room of arrogance. I would just like one person to come forward and knock me off of my RBI Baseball high horse. Even if by chance, a freak occurance would transpire, a fluke defeat at the hands of an equally confident 30 year old, I, in my own mind...would still be the greatest. THE GREATEST!!!!!

4 comments:

m_miggs34 said...

lest you forget all of the ass whippings i handed you in hale hall? there were a LOT. you just couldn't really hand the tigers. at all. i remember, and so do you. keep telling yourself your the greatest....just know..you're the only one listening

Anonymous said...

I hereby challenge you to a true RBI World Series, best of 7. 1 case of beer and $50 to the winner. You can have your Red Sox. I will choose my team on agreed upon day at agreed upon location. No straight pitch bullshit either, anything goes between the white lines.

Please contact me at bringbackarsenio@yahoo.com to arrange this. Knowing my superiority I can not have anyone else claiming my crown untested.

The Mutineers said...

I love it. I will have my people get a hold of you. The series will be arranged.

Anonymous said...

I smell your fear Conners. It tastes so sweet. Bert Blylevin FTW.