Friday, January 4, 2008

Juno

"Hi George Michael I am pregnant with your child"

I have made a vow to myself in this new year, that I will go see more movies. The problem, for some time now, has been the amount of horseshit films thrown onto the big screen. Going to the movies will always be one of my favorite things to do. Try to catch a few good ones here and there. Rocket Science was pretty entertaining. Before the Devil Knows You're Dead was close to great. And Juno. I don't exactly know where to put Juno. I was entertained for sure. Ellen Page did a good job as a cynical and matter of fact pregnant 16 year old. I didn't realize this but she played in Hard Candy and I thought did a pretty nice job in that one. Michael Cera is awesome and he will always be George Michael to me. He plays his role well. Funny akward kid who unbeknownst to his classmates, will one day be a popular person as an adult. At times the dialogue of witty banter was great while other times it seemed a little much. You know what I mean...a little too cutsie...a little too Gilmore Girls-esque. The soundtrack was good... Belle and Sabastian amongst others...got a little annoyed with the musical references...Iggy Pop and the Stooges and so forth. But overall funny and entertaining. I recommend that you check it out, but only after you make sure your girlfriend knows you are going...because she probably wants to see it and because lying also can mean not offering up the truth.

No comments: