Sunday, January 13, 2008

17-0 and Some Awesome Jacksonville Fans


We decided to go watch the Patriots game at a bar last night. We were hungry and wanted to find somewhere to drink beers and eat Buffalo Chicken Wraps. The bar was small and was not crowded...we ordered food and buckets of beer and were getting ready to enjoy the game. A group of people came in shortly after us and sat down at a table behind us. Immediately they made it known that they were Jacksonville Jaguar fans...and who isn't in the St. Louis area. It didn't take long to figure out that these clowns just didn't like the Patriots. They ran their mouths all game long...most of their nonsense fell on deaf ears. The Patriots seemed like they were in control, I was enjoying the evening, and I had the sneaking suspicion that one of the guys was retarded (although I don't think he really was), so I didn't feel that it was necessary to respond. One guy was obviously trying to get our attention because he kept making stupid ass comments when Rodney Harrison would light someone up or when Jacksonville gained more than 3 yards. It got annoying pretty quick. As the game was winding down and the Pats put the game to rest this douche bag started yelling "Hurt him, I hope they injure him!" (you see why I thought he was retarded). We finally lost our cool a bit and started to run it back at them. He was a big dufus and I don't think he understood what we were saying, I made fun of him by imitating his lisp (which I am almost embarrassed about) and before things got out of hand we left. The last thing dumb fuck muttered was "thteroidth". All I said to him was that we aren't going to give any of them back. And we won't. Whether it is someone saying that the Patriots are cheaters for the videotape thing or that Rodney Harrison cheats because he used steroids we won't give back one of the 16...now 17 wins. The only thing that matters is that you win.
It was a good win, both the game and our confrontation with those boring dipshits. I just get really annoyed with people who root obnoxiously against a team. As long as you are cheering for your team you can be as obnoxious as you want. Jacksonville played surprisingly well. They will be pretty great next year.
I am real disappointed that we won't get to see the Cotls/ Pats matchup next weekend. That would have been a good one. It will be fun playing the Chargers and making fun of Shawn Merriman and his Lights Out dance. Word.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.