Thursday, January 10, 2008

My Second or Third Favorite Weekend in Sports

Best Uniforms in Football

As far as sports goes this weekend is one of my favorite weekends of the year. It rivals that Sweet 16/ Elite 8 weekend in March for College Hoops. To me, everything leading up to the final game is much more exciting than the final game itself. I don't know if its my cursed mindset of always dreading the end...even before it has begun...or the fact that I love how hard teams are working to get to that pinnacle final game. Lets start in the AFC. All across the nation everyone is hoping for a Patriots/ Colts AFC Championship game. I even think the folks in Jacksonville and San Diego secretly would like to see this game...and why wouldn't they. I hope we see that game and I cleanse myself of all jinxing repercussions after making such a statement. I will head back to Indiana and engage is 3 hours of verbal sparing with my friends who are Colts fans. I am not so secretly scared of one friend and what he transforms into when the Colts and Hoosiers play. He somewhat resembles the Hulk in certain situations when his team is under duress.
In the NFC I like the Packers and the Giants. Very rarely in the NFL does a team beat another team on three seperate occasions in one year. I think Eli Manning is finally figuring out how to "not try to be his brother" and has turned himself into a pretty efficient quarterback. Burress is healthy and the Giants running game is solid. Tony Romo will crack and you will see Terrell Owens true colors shining through.
I like Seattle, but I dont think they can beat the Packers at Lambeau. Too cold...too much Brett Favre
Here is where the smart money goes this weekend.

Saturday 1/12
SEATTLE (+8) 24

Green Bay 28
----------------------
JACKSONVILLE (+13) 21

New England 30
----------------------
Sunday 1/13
INDIANAPOLIS (-8) 35

San Diego 7
-----------------------
NEW YORK (-7.5) 28

Dallas 24

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your lines are close. i like the pac to cover. love the g-men to win outright. fortunatley for you, i think jax has become way too trendy of an upset. like NE to win, but not cover. plus i am pulling for them so you come to the ville and get hulk-a-fied

david banner