Tuesday, June 15, 2010

What I'm Diggin' Lately: Woodpigeon

by: Mitch Miggenburg
those darn canadians have done it again.  This is the band i'm listenin to at the moment.  I stumbled on this guy on the Black Cab Session website (link to be posted in a few!).  This is the song I like best, "And As the Ship Went Down, You Never Looked Finer."  You know everybody on the boat drowns, but they looked good!  that's awesome. 
For some reason, this reminds me of a Ce N'est Rien song.  If you like it, check out his others...I like 7th Fret Over Andres as well.

Here's their website, where you can stream and preview the entire album if you're not impulsive and like to buy entire albums having only heard one song, like me.  And their other goings-on.   I don't think you'd be disappointed.
http://www.woodpigeon-songbook.com/

The first video is from Baeblemusic.com and it is great.



the second is the same song but from the Black Cab sessions


Wood Pigeon from Black Cab Sessions on Vimeo.


go Canadians, go!

No comments: