Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Videos Everyone Should See At Least Once Series (from here on known as VESSALO!)

by: Mitch Miggenburg

Okay, hopefully Sunsets won't mind me starting a new feature here.  Summer break has started for all of us teachers out there, and with it...much free time.  So, with that...and my obsession with watching singer/songwriters on YouTube, I will begin this weeklong series with at least one, and possible 2,3, or 4, videos posted per day of songs that i think everyone should see at least once in his life.  Mostly songs that mean or have meant a great deal to me at some point in my life.  Some will be obscure, others will not.  Hopefully, you will find a few you like as much as I do.

So, without further adieu...let's get this thing started:

VESSALO video #1:
Iron and Wine:  Trapeze Swinger
Taken from the Green Man Festival in August of 2008.  This song has literally brought tears to my eyes on more than one occasion.  I've listened to it on repeat in my car for 6 days straight.  It was the only song I wanted to hear.  I think it's possibly in the top 10 best songs ever written.  Just a masterpiece.  Kind of long at 7 minutes and 44 seconds, but honestly...it won't seem that long.  It's one of those you never want to end. 

No comments: