Monday, June 14, 2010

VESSALO Day 7....we made it kids

last day of the VESSALOS.  and maybe these weren't videos.that.everyone.should.see.at.least.once so much as they were videos that I just really liked.  again, i hope you've enjoyed watching them as much as i have posting them. 
another little twist here on the last day.  most of the videos here have been live versions with somewhat questionable quality.  i have purposely tried to find a little better quality videos here.  a little more production value if you will.  I chose three of my favorite bands of the past 5 years.  in no particular order:

First:  My Morning Jacket - Off the Record
gotta love Jim James.  I saw them about a month ago, and this song brought the house down.



Video #2:  Kings of Leon:  Notion
for whatever reason, this band has really caught on in Europe, but have lagged in popularity here.  I know Sunsets doesn't really get the hype, but i'm telling you....a very tight band with amazing arrangements, a unique voice, and unbelievable live show. 



Video #3:  Band of Horses:  Laredo
I would not forgive myself if I left off my Charleston boys Band of Horses.  This is not my favorite song on the new album, but I loved the acoustic version done here with no drums.  Dig it.



Hope you all enjoyed first-annual VESSALOS!  stayed tuned for more from Charleston SC.

No comments: