Thursday, February 14, 2008

If Samson and Clemens could be put in a row boat and pushed out to sea I might have a better Thursday than I am having now


My sports world is turning itself inside out right now. First, we have Roger Clemens and his stumbling around like a 6 year old caught with fudge all over his face...lying like a middle schooler caught snagging an Ipod...and Sampson making the same stupid mistakes he has always made.
You know, its not the cheating that is bothersome. In a way we can all appreciate the temptation; it is a machine that runs itself wild. Building and building until we hit the inevitable. What I can't get over is the sad, foolish, obvious, lying. It's hard to watch a grown man struggle to keep his head above water. Especially one who hung on our bedroom walls for so many years. When Clemens joined the Yankees he was dead to me. Like an Evangelical "Christian" finding out his only son is gay. He was dead to me. So all of this "scandal" only affects me in that it gives me something to bitch and moan about today. Baseball will still be baseball. With or without the steroids there is nothing anyone can do to make me love the game less. That is that.
Then you have the Hoosiers. The sad, sorry, Hoosiers. I don't care that they are 20-4; they haven't beaten a team in the top 25. They are not good.
Cheating and losing is a bad, bad combination. I am not saying that I could overlook the infractions if we were winning tough games because I don't think that I could. It would be easier though. We pride ourselves, as part of the Indiana Basketball program, in doing things the right way. Coach Knight established that quite nicely. This is unacceptable. Kelvin needs to go tomorrow.

No comments: