Thursday, February 21, 2008

I Love A Good Sleet Day


There are two distinct types of snow days. The kind that is called the night before. You are excited, maybe you make the decision to drink lots of alcohol, you stay up late, and sleep in the next day. There is very little to complain about with this scenario. You get to drink a lot on a snow day without the recourse of a day ruining hangover and you get to sleep as long as you would like. There is not a lot of surprise in this one, but its still nice.
Then you have the kind where you go to sleep early the night before, get up at 6, shower, put on your clothes, drink your coffee like a zombie...and then, unexpectedly, you receive a phone call telling you to go back to bed. You look outside and think this must be a mistake because there is no visible snow on the ground...you look closer and the streets resemble an ice skating rink. You are so excited that going back to sleep is not a possibility at the moment, you jump in your car after scraping off the thick ice with a cd case and head to McDonalds for breakfast. This dangerous endeavor is not without reward. Bacon Egg and Cheese Biscuit and a McDonalds coke...
Today we got snow day two and it is 725 am and the day has just begun. Sportscenter will be watched at least twice. I have four new cds I am very excited to listen to.
1. Times New Viking- This cd is amazing. Honestly. It is loud as shit and you can't really make out a lot of the words, but there is something about it that I like a lot.
2. The Mountain Goats-Heretic Pride- Buy it today.
3. The National-Alligator- I have spent some time now enjoying Boxer, this is the one right before Boxer. It is good.
4. Ice Cube-Lethal Injection- I miss rap like this. "To G or not to G is the question..."
I try to pretend that he wasn't in Are We There Yet?
I am getting a little sleepy I think I will take my 8 am nap and start my day a little later.

The National [mp3] Secret Meeting
Times New Viking [mp3] My Head (Be careful your computer speakers will probably catch on fire)

No comments: