Monday, February 4, 2008

A Day of Mourning

I MISS THE OLD DAYS...WHEN WE WERE WINNERS!

I threw up in my mouth last night. The exact moment I can remember clearly because it was the moment I knew the Patriots were going to lose. It wasn't when Eli threw a perfect fade to Plaxico Burress in the corner of the endzone...and it wasn't when the 4th and 20 prayer was ignored by god...it was when Eli Manning, whom I don't think of as a very agile human being, was wrapped up by 2,3,4 Patriot lineman only to somehow escape and chuck the ball to David Tyree (HE HAD FOUR F-ING CATCHES ALL YEAR!!!!) who made the best catch he will ever make in his life. He should quit now because he will do nothing better in his life....EVER! At that exact moment when he trapped the ball on his helmet and he dropped to the ground I threw up a little in my mouth...it was followed by a very pronounced dry heave. I knew that was it.
It was a heartbreaking loss. One of the biggest heartbreaking loses I have ever seen...and I mean that. It was like running 26 miles and 284 yards of the Boston Marathon only to have someone chop off both of your legs as you bleed 3 feet away from your milestone. Its like writing an American masterpiece only to have the entire manuscript fly out of an open window and into the Pacific Ocean as you type the words The End...I am not overexaggerating. It is devistating.
I don't feel good for anyone...
I don't feel good for Eli
Tom Coughlin
Strahan...
I can't write about this anymore

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cheaters never prosper buddy!!!
i love it.