Thursday, November 8, 2007

Two Games To State


High School Football playoffs. So many kids are going to basketball practice instead of continuing on with the football season. More kids are filled with disappointed than with hope. Our team is two wins away from playing in the Dome. Pretty amazing time of year. Packed stands...everybody believing they are going to play in front of thousands on the turf of the Edward Jones Dome. Everything riding on every play. Two huge games away. HUGE! Not that I have had a ton to do with it...you know...JV assistant coach...blitzing too much and too randomly, scouting duties on weekends...a master at videotaping, but its still a good feeling. For your team to win.

The Mountain Goats [mp3] Fall Of The High School Running Back
The Mountain Goats are playing a free show in St. Louis this weekend. I think I will be attending. Any opportunity to see the Mountain Goats should be taken.

2 comments:

rynoic11 said...

Red Pants. I am still adjusting to the new era. Like the format. But, I think the nation should know that I took Jackson to the Bob Dylan and Elvis Costello concert a few Wednesdays ago. Jackson might be cooler than Bob Dylan. He lasted the whole show. Elvis Costello was unbelievable. Just him and his guitar. Dylan was pretty good too. I have seen him before so I didn't have any expectations of him being good but he was. I dropped a couple of media guides off in Elvis Costello's dressing room early in the day. I don't know if he got them. I guess Wilco was here October 12th and I didn't know it. Don't tell Schutte or the Gambler. Don't know when I will see you again. Tell Lolo Russ I said hello.

The best thing about the concert was Jackson's face lighting up when Bob Dylan played his harmonica during Tangled Up In Blue. Jackson is too smart for his own good and will probably be a serial killer some day but I will still love him.

The Mutineers said...

...but he will be a good cereal killer wont he...