Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Mountain Goats @ The Billiken Club


I was sitting at the bar, one stool over from John Darnielle and Peter Hughes, thinking about something I could say to them that wouldnt seem like I was attempting to ask them out on a date or planning their assasination. I just dont have anything to say to "famous" people. Nothing unassuming and worthwhile. How I wish I had the ablility to walk city blocks with...lets say Mike McCready...making chit chat worthy of "interesting banter".
The show was good as always, or at least what I expect. They played two new songs (Craters of the Moon? and another one that I didnt catch the name of) The second one was sweet and he closed the show with it. Only after playing The Best Ever Deathmetal Band Out Of Denton which made the night for me. Still, No Children was absent and that kind of bummed me out. He did play Mole and Love, Love, Love and We Were Patriots. It was a good show.
As we were leaving we ran into them and I patted John Darnielle on the back and said "good show guys...real entertaining"...thats all I could get out and I wish I would have left out the "real entertaining" part because it made me feel like his grandmother coming to a show she felt obligated to attend and congratulating her grandson because she loves him. F!!

The Bowerbirds opened up and they were really good

The Mountain Goats [mp3] Pinklon

The Bowerbirds [mp3] Dark Horse

No comments: