Tuesday, February 10, 2009

We are Proud of you ARod...


We still don't have a professional athlete who is completely honest after being caught doing something he was not supposed to. Some deny, some plead the 5th, and some admit, but admit with an out or without complete disclosure. Here are my problems with ARod and this nonsense.
1) He has to admit that he took preformance enhancing drugs. He was caught...on a list...a credible list. He should get no credit for admitting his guilt. If he was not caught his mouth would still be shut.
2) Why is it so difficult for athletes or anyone being grilled (Peter Gammons, for as much as I love him, might be the easiest interview in America) to directly answer the question they are asked. Asked a yes/no question ARod finds a way to go back to when he was 20 or that he just wants to turn the page.
3) So you are telling me that ARod still doesn't know what he took. "It was a different culture back then"...what the hell. I picture athletes lying around the locker room with a bunch of unmarked viles of liquid. They all have syringes and say "hey fill me up with a little of that stuff, lets see what it does."
4) ARod is proud of himself. What a joke. What is he proud of? I am proud that when backed into a corner I take the one and only out...

Questions I would have asked.
At 20 you were arguably one of the top 3 players in the game. Why would you feel the need to take anything. ("I was feeling all kinds of pressure after signing that contract" that is rediculous.)

Basically, I find this whole thing to be the same as all the others. Giambi, Pettite, Knoblauch and now ARod...all admit, but non of them are completely forthcoming...they are/were all Yankees. Not surprising.

Please God don't let Manny be on the list, Please God don't let Manny be on the list.

No comments: