Sunday, February 22, 2009

Mount Eerie Followed By The Revival Of Good Muisc


As I have mentioned previously, good new music has been hard for me to find lately... I have a feeling this is all in the process of changing. There are a number of albums I am excited about. Great Lake Swimmers (3-31) Handsome Furs (3-10), Swan Lake (3-24) and Beirut (I think it is available now or within the next 3 days) are four that come to mind. I went to Vintage Vinyl to buy The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart and they did not have it... unfortunately this was not a surprise... I have a problem with buying too many of these albums on Itunes or through Amazon, but sometimes you have too if you can't find them in stores and are too impatient to wait for them to travel through the mail.
Mount Eerie comes up with some crazy shit, but the album Dawn seems to be the easiest of the albums to listen to. Kind of reminds me of Bonnie "Prince" Billy or Sufjan Stevens without all of the musical accessories. I first heard this guy on NPR's All Songs Considered with Bob Boilen. If you haven't listened to this program it is a good idea for you to start. He played Wooly Mammoths Mighty Absence and I loved it. Here is a song I find equally great. Its called Great Ghosts...


Mount Eerie [mp3] Great Ghosts

No comments: