Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Happening is as Entertaining as Watching the Wind Blow


When a person decides to make a movie...a shitty movie that lasts upwards of 2 hours...and expects you to sit and watch it because he has come up with some pretty entertaining movies in the past...that is just arrogance. And that is not the worst of it. The Happening by M. Night Whatever is maybe one of the three worst movies I have seen in my life (Lady in the Water and Made In America, which isn't a terrible movie, but thats what we always say is the worst movie ever...maybe because it stars Ted Danson and Whoopi Goldberg...or maybe because Gary says its the worst). The movie is simply a 2 hour public service announcement for preserving the Earth...and you know what it makes me want to do...it makes me want to drive SUVs and light chemical fires in my back yard...it makes me want to spill oil into the Atlantic Ocean and melt a dozen or so icebergs. I paid 8 dollars to be entertained not to be told, in so many, many, many, words that if we don't do something a scary wind will pick up and make us all kill ourselves. That last sentence I just wrote just told you the entire theme of the movie and I don't feel bad about spoiling it for you...I actually did you a favor and you all owe me one because I just prevented you from wasting two hours of your life.
Marky Mark is the worst actor of our time and the entire movie seemed like a competition to see who could act the shittiest. This is not an exaggeration. This movie was abysmal.
I do enjoy Zooey Deschenel and honestly she was the only redeeming part of the film. But she was in the competition with the rest of the actors. She did not win, but really who did?
If M. Night Shamalamadingdong wants to ruin his life by making terrible movies he should just leave them in his head and not subject the rest of the world to his dumbshit nightmares.

No comments: