Monday, October 12, 2009

Trip To The Record Store


I think its worth mentioning, any time you have a good trip to the record store. There have been plenty of times that I go in with excitement at the thought of coming away with 2 or 3 cds I have been looking forward to owning. There are times I walk away as disappointed as a kid who finds out that Wally World or California is closed and other times that I walk away having that excitement fulfilled in the form of new music. This weekend I had a great trip to Euclid Records (my proximity replacement for Vintage Vinyl). I went in looking to pick up the Mountain Goats new album, which I did, and find to be great. Also went in looking for Built to Spill-There Is No Enemy, which I also found and have been very pleased with so far. I would go as far as saying that it is great as well. Picked up Monsters of Folk because I felt I had to and I haven't given it much of a listen yet. The fourth was The Avett Brothers-I and Love and You. This was the surprise purchase of the trip. If you have the time and the money you should pick it up, especially if you have been complaining about your music collection for as long as you can remember.
I will refrain from giving any review other than the following
The Mountain Goats-The Life of the World To Come-I don't know if there is a more unique songwriter today than John Darnielle.
Monsters of Folk-No Opinion so far
Built To Spill-There Is No Enemy-Maybe my favorite of the bunch
Avett Brothers-surprisingly great

No comments: