Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Cardinology Is A Terrible Title To a Pretty Good Album


I kind of like this Ryan Adams and The Cardinals new album, Cardinology. It doesn't have that overall twangy country sound that a lot of Jacksonville City Nights and Easy Tiger has. And I have really grown to enjoy that sound. Five years ago I would have found it a bore, but I guess as I get on in years I like good old roots country tunes. This album sounds more pop like than some of his other, and thats alright. In a time where I am sincerely struggling to like any music at all, I find this record to be pretty good.
I like Ryan Adams because he pukes out songs, and not in a bad way either. He is a songwriter and for the most part a very good one. Here is one of my favorite songs on the album.


Ryan Adams and The Cardinals [mp3] Crossed Out Name

No comments: