Thursday, September 11, 2008

Okkervil River The Stand Ins Is Better Than Great...Its Super!!!!


Will Sheff puts on one of the best shows out there. Karen O is better. Eddie Vedder is better. Isaac Brock is better, but thats about it. Black Sheep Boy was amazing and there are enough songs throughout all of Okkervil River's albums to fill an entire evening with great, great music. I was a little disappointed with The Stage Names. I don't know what it was, but I didn't like it like I liked all their other stuff. I just received The Stand Ins in the mail today, which made today a really great day. So I'm listening to it this evening and find it to be the awesomest.

I am just going to play you one song here today. It's a good one, maybe not the best on the album, but then again maybe it is. Its called Pop Lie and it starts right now...

Okkevil River [mp3] Pop Lie

2 comments:

Unknown said...

True Dreams of Wichita by Soul Coughing

Anonymous said...

what the...