Saturday, March 8, 2008

Don't Forget To Give An Hour Away on Sunday


Snow is still hanging around on the ground...taking its sweet time to melt into slush. Cold as winter and just as gray. But it still is winter...technically. Daylight savings day on Sunday will make it seem a little more like Spring. Don't forget to add an hour or you will show up for work an hour late and you will be put on probation and will have to spend the rest of your life looking over your shoulder and saving more money than you should because you know your days are numbered and unemployment is a cold cold place without a little stashed away. SO DONT FORGET.
Been listening to the new Destroyer album called Trouble in Dreams. Haven't really soaked it in yet, but I like what I have heard. Dan Bejar's voice teeters between sinister and mystical and insanity...a young David Bowie if you will.
Destroyer [mp3] Dark Leaves Form a Thread

Some older Belle and Sebastian. There are times when I think I could listen to them all day long. I am afraid that Barry (from High Fidelity) would call this sad bastard music...and I am alright with that.
Belle and Sebastian [mp3] The State I Am In

If you haven't seen these movies rent them today or tuesday
Into The Wild
Darjeeling Limited
No Country for Old Men (tuesday)

No comments: