Sunday, September 23, 2007

I Bet I Lose All My Money



I have never been much of a gambler. Mainly because I always lose. I go to the boat and give money away...never had much success with the horses...and never really got into sports betting....not until now. This weekend I was introduced to bodoglife.com. An online betting site. You can bet on anything you want...college football, baseball, NFL football...whatever. First day rolled around and we were up 20 bucks. Good day. Day two rolls around and I fall face first off the gravy train. Lose a couple football games...Colts dont cover the spread and then the goddamn Red Sox lose to the Devil Rays. Wakefield is like 20-1 against these guys and what do you know...when my money is on the table the gods are against me. Oh the evil world of online betting. And then I start thinking...I have to win this money back quickly. NOW! And really its not a lot of money. We're talking a night of eating and drinking too much...but still I just dont feel right being in the hole. So I started betting live. Play by play. Will the Giants pass next, will they get a first down this drive, how many yards will they pick up on the next play. SHIT!!! That money was gone so quick I forgot what I was doing. All the signs are there. So why do I do this...I dont even car about money that much...I NEVER WIN! NEVER!! The Bears are -3 tonight against the Cowboys. Maybe I can win it back there.

No comments: