Tuesday, April 6, 2010

One Shining Moment - 1987

by: Mitch M.

One of my favorite tv moments of the year is ALWAYS 'One Shining Moment,'  showing all of the highlights from the March Madness tournament.  I get the chills every single time.  And with proper respect (I loved the UNLV teams) to Sunsets and the 1992 version...this is mine.  1987.  We all know the year and THE SHOT.

It takes a few minutes to start, but I don't think any of us will mind re-watching IU cutting down the nets as the credits roll.  Now, I am partial to Luther Vandross, but this is David Barrett's version, and I'm slowly changing my mind.  What I do know was that they completely butchered it with Jennifer Hudson's version last night.  Ugh.  I do not need to see her singing it in some studio.  I need all the highlights I can get.
I digress....

On to the video....pay close attention to two things:
1.  Bobby Cremins pounding his chest for the "beat of your heart" line.....same as the Loyala Maramount one below.  I think he did this every year on purpose.
and 2.  and more importantly, watch the General at around 3:05 giving business to the scorer's table.  My grandfather would be proud.  That could never happen now. 

anyway, on to some memories......

No comments: