Sunday, October 26, 2008

Where Have You Been? You Haven't Called, You Don't Write, It Seems Like You Have Forgotten About Us.


Too much time away from the machine here. I have been spending 95% of my music listening time playing The Mountain Goats and OK Computer. Somehow I forgot the OK Computer is one of the greatest albums in the history of music making and The Mountain Goats are always great.

Its pretty amazing that a band can come up with an album as great as OK Computer and then follow it up with Kid A, which is an album so good I have a hard time believing that human beings made it.
On to the Mountain Goats. They have two EPs out. I tried to post some of the songs earlier, but I did something wrong and I did not feel like persevering so I quit and never posted it. One EP is Satanic Messiah and it has 5 really great songs on it. Below is Sarcofago Live and it is great. The other EP they/he did with Kaki King and the name escapes me. Pear Tree EP or something like that. The song I have heard from that is the Mario song, which Mitchell reminded me of. Great, great song. I tried to post it down there but something went wrong and I have, ironically, terrible problem solving skills.

A couple things that have been on my mind lately.
Rick Riley is one of the worst people posing as a sports personality I have ever heard/read in my entire life. If you like Rick Riley then I don't like you. He is self-righteous and he thinks he is witty, yet he has no wit at all. I hated him as a "last page" Sports Illustrated writer and now I hate him as an ESPN "personality". He is a moron. I hope you all notice this.

The Phillies are about to win the World Series and no one, outside of the Pennsylvania area, cares at all.

Here are some songs. Lets start enjoying the fall a little bit. Its going to be 11 degrees before you know it and we will all be shivering and wishing our lives away.


The Mountain Goats [mp3]Sarcofago Live

The Mountain Goats [mp3]Thank You Mario But Our Princess Is In Another Castle

No comments: